May 23, 2013
10 am-6 pm
1627 Westwood Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90024
Come and Play!
Like Us On
Epiphone Royale Masterbilt
Solid Spruce • Mahogany Back/Sides
SKU: 1934ROYAL .... WMC:$ SOLD $
Introduced in 1931, the Royal is one of the rarest and shortest lived Epiphone models, discontinued from the catalog by 1934. This rare bird shows the classic design features of the earliest Epipiphones, including segmented 3 piece f-holes, Masterbilt headstock, 1 3/4" nut and 9" fingerboard radius. With its generous 1 3/4" fingerboard, and well-aged soundboard, this sweet guitar is fun to play, with a big bright voice with clarity and projection far outmatching its size. One of the earliest, and certainly finest surviving specimens of this vanishing rare model, this guitar is a rare opportunity to own a uniquely playable and historically important instrument from the dawn of the Epiphone Corporation, "Builders of Art Musical Instruments".
Features and Specs:
• Body Size at Lower Bout: 15 1/2"
• Scale Length: 25.4"
• Nut Width: 1 3/4"
• Finish: Original sunburst finish, nitrocellulose type
- Hand carved book matched solid spruce top,
- Mahogany neck with maple center stripe,
- Mahogany back and sides
- Brazilian rosewood fingerboard, mother-of-pearl dot fingerboard inlays;
- Hardware: Original bakelite pick guard; original nickel trapeze tailpiece, 30's vintage nickel Grover Sta-Tite tuners and rosewood adjustable bridge.